Monday, January 18, 2010

an elegant solution.

Doesn't it seem like there's a new article on Game X or Genre Y not selling well on the Wii everyday?

Or how Company Z is shifting their focus away from the Wii because of low sales? (Regardless of low effort).

Well, here's a thought, gaming media: spend less time covering early proclamations of the Wii's demise, and more time covering the GAMES before they have a chance to die!!

Most of my "hardcore" friends have no clue what games are available for the Wii. All they know is that people wind up b!tching and moaning about poor sales.

So the games are left to burn slowly on the market. Eventually selling decently, but forever ingrained as a "failure" due to lack of knowledge and early under performance.

Do your job, gaming media! We'll all be better off for it!

2 comments:

Maxi said...

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment.Part of the gaming medias job is to bring attention games that might be overlooked by gamers. The gaming media should cover all games equally so they have a chance to sell. It isn't up to forum goers to spread the word of a title that would get overlooked.

Greg Meyer said...

I totally agree. I'm the one that has to tell all of my friends, co-workers, and acquaintances about games that are on Wii. I hardly visit their sites because they don't talk about games I'm interested in because I'm not a fps guy.